Thursday, December 12, 2013

Exclusive Dinah Q&A: Up close and personal with comedian Erin Foley





 
 Up close and personal with comedian Erin Foley

 


What are you most looking forward to at the Dinah this year?

I’m excited to see my friends from the east coast. There’s a posse coming in for
the craziness. I’m also looking forward to performing with Fortune and Gina who I absolutely adore on and off the stage. And, of course, seeing boobs. 


What do you have planned for your show?

Magic and puppets and fireworks.


How will it feel to perform to thousands of hot women? Do you think it’ll be different audience than a regular show?

Performing for thousands of hot women, yes, I would say that’s different than ALL of my shows. Can’t wait. I’ve performed at Dinah a couple of times and the audiences were great.  The women are there to laugh and have a good time which is all you can ask for.


What does the Dinah represent to you? How do you think it has served the LGBT community for the past 24 years?

I think The Dinah provides an amazing, safe space for lesbos to hang out with other lesbos. I’ve been lucky to live in NYC and LA for the last 15 years and those cities have a built in gay community. I think The Dinah does an amazing job of creating that community (even for just 3-4 days) for women who don’t have that back home. It’s really wonderful. 


What would people be most surprised to find in your suitcase for The Dinah?


Heels? Packages of almonds? A good luck gnome?


What is the one fashion trend you wish would just die?

Tevas. On land. I don’t even want to see them near the water.


What is the one fashion item you cannot live without?

I’m obsessed with large, chunky watches. And I love high tops. That’s two fashion items. Lesbian fashion items.


What was the most embarrassing yet comical moment of your life?

I was hit with an onion ring mid show. I was performing in a lunch room at a college in Peoria, IL when I first started doing comedy on the road. It’s funny now, not so much in the moment. But I survived and managed to still have a healthy relationship with onion rings.








Who's your female celebrity crush?

Heidi Klum. Halle Berry. Jennifer Lopez if she doesn’t speak. 


What’s your “guilty pleasure” song?

I hate to admit it, but As Long As You Love Me by Justin Bieber. He’s a turd but that song is insanely catchy. And my friend Renee and I have memorized the rap part. That happened. 


Are you into the TV show “Orange is The New Black”; and if yes who’s your favorite character and why?

Yes, I love that show. I think you’d have to be in a coma not to enjoy it. Too far?
My favorite character is Alex because I have an insane crush on Laura Prepon.




Worst gig (and why)? Best gig?

Worst gig: see the answer to no. 9. Onion ring, enough said. Best gig? I think my two appearances on Conan were amazing. They might be tied with the night I taped my Comedy Central half hour special in New York City. I will never forget that night. 


What can you tell us about your upcoming project(s) for 2014?

My upcoming projects...lots of fun road gigs coming up next year. My full schedule is www.erinkfoley.com.
And my sports podcast “Sports Without Balls” will be moving to All Things Comedy, an amazing comedy webiste, which is going to rock.





As The Dinah is celebrating its 24th Anniversary, what would your birthday card read?


Happy Boobday Dinah! Thanks for 24 years of golf in April!







The Dinah Comedy Night featuring Erin Foley, Fortune Feimster and Gina Yashere is Thursday, April 3, 2014 at 8:00pm at The Palm Springs Convention Center.  
To purchase tickets or for more information go to www.TheDinah.com
$40 advance
$50 Door
$20 with a Platinum Pass





###


 



Club Skirts Dinah Shore Weekend is April 2-6, 2014 

in Palm Springs, CA.



For more information and/or to purchase tickets go to: www.TheDinah.com
 



 





Stay Connected With Us!

Click on the icons below to Join our newsletter, be part of our social media network and get all the latest updates about The Dinah: 

 


















No comments:

Post a Comment