Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Transformational Effect of The Dinah: It's All About The Club Skirts' Wristband!

In today's blog, first time Dinah Staff member, Victoria Lathrop aka "Tory", reveals how something as innocuous as the Club Skirts wristband is, in all actuality, much more than just a piece of fabric.



The Dinah wristband acts as an empowering inspiration to transform yourself and see yourself as the person you truly are .. inside and out!






"It's hard to say when I first heard about The Dinah, I'm pretty sure I was in college, and the idea of spending my Spring Break surrounded by queer women in bikinis was rather intriguing. 
I attended my first Dinah and never looked back!

As a Los Angeles native, I have attended The Dinah as a guest for years but this year was given a chance to work on staff and I enthusiastically said yes! I'm so glad I did because to work with the Dinah staff is an adventure all of it's own. 







My two favorite places to work during the weekend included: the registration tables and the merchandise table at the pool parties.

Where else can you meet women from around the states and even the world? The registration table. I can't even begin to tell you how many fantastic accents I heard while placing a wristbands on guests. And let me tell you, these women are EXCITED to be at The Dinah. 






I was so happy to meet and greet so many women as they checked in but the best was running into them at events, in the hallways, crossing the street and seeing them wave their wristbands yelling "DINAH!!!" It's amazing to me how many women expressed to staff that the Dinah wristband gave them the freedom to be themselves for the weekend.

When I wasn't busy with wristbands, I enjoyed hanging out the merchandise table while working on my tan, listening to great musical performances and scoping out the pool party. If you came by the table on Saturday afternoon chances are you met me and my link flamingo friend "Merch". 





Merch came to The Dinah a virgin, proudly wearing her official Club Skirts Dinah Virgin tank top, and left with Mardi Gras beads and some pasties. I think she definitely enjoyed her time at the pool party.

I'm so grateful to have been a part of such a hardworking staff and for the chance to help with such a diverse and empowering event for women. 





Big thanks to all of "Team Dinah-sty" for all the laughs and adventures all weekend long. 

I strongly suggest you put The Dinah 2014 on your calendar and I'll see you at the registration tables!"

--Tory



###






Club Skirts Dinah Shore Weekend 2014 is April 2-6

Ticket & Hotel Information will be available at www.TheDinah.com on June 1, 2013



Don't Miss It!





Join us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter: @dinahshore









No comments:

Post a Comment