- Where is The Dinah?
Club Skirts Dinah Shore Weekend – the original Dinah Shore Weekend – is always and only held in Palm Springs, CA.
- How old do I have to be to attend?
21 and over
- If my girlfriend is turning 21 at the Dinah, can she come?
Yes. She’ll be able to get to the parties the day of her birthday
- Do you produce other Dinahs?
There’s only one original Dinah. Club Skirts has been producing the world famous Dinah Shore Weekend for 24 years only in Palm Springs. We have no plans to produce any other Dinah in any other locations. Imitation is the highest form of flattery and the greatest sign of success. We take it as a compliment that we are always imitated but as the saying goes, experience has proven, we are never duplicated! If you want the Dinah Shore Weekend experience you’ve been reading and hearing about for two decades, you’ll find it with us, only in Palm Springs.
- Is The Dinah a Golf Tournament?
The Dinah is not a golf tournament; but it does take place every year at the same time as the Kraft Nabisco Golf tournament.
- Do you sell golf tickets?
If you wish to purchase Golf tickets, you would need to go to the Kraft Nabisco official website to do so.
- Can I go to the Dinah alone? How easy is it to meet people?
Yes! Many women come by themselves and end up leaving having made lots of new friends and some have even found their dream girl.
- What’s the age average? Can my mom come too?
The Dinah is attended by women of all ages. There’s something to do for everyone.
- Can my friend come; he's a guy?
Yes, we don’t exclude guys … as long as they behave!
- Are transvestites or transgender welcomed?
- Do you allow dogs?
We do not allow dogs at out events, but the hotels we offer may allow dogs in the rooms. We suggest you contact them directly. See our website for a list of official hotels.
- Can I bring my kid & my nanny? He's 5?
You can, but they would not be allowed at any events, including the pool parties. But if you wanted to book a hotel room for them, that would be fine. There are so many things to do in the Palm Springs area for children of all ages. Check with your hotel concierge for more information.
- Do you sell out?
We occasionally sell out of our smaller events, and our pool parties can sell out, we rarely sell out of our signature events. However, you save a lot of money the sooner you purchase your tickets. Waiting until the event insures you will pay the highest price. We do make announcements when we are close to a sell out so join our fan page on Facebook and newsletter to be the first to know!
- Are there a lot of international women attending?
Women from all over the world come to The Dinah. There’s always an opportunity to practice what you learned in that French or Russian class you took; or better yet, pick any foreign language and start learning now. The Dinah is truly international!
- Where can I look for updates and information about the Dinah?
You can stay connected with us by checking our website, blog, and all other social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Preparing for The Dinah
- What do I pack?
This is YOUR vacation so think summer & party clothes, flip flops, sunscreen, tank tops, shorts, some great heels or boots and never forget your accessories!
- What's the weather like? How hot is it?
Palm Springs has your typical desert temperatures: hot during the day and slightly chillier in the evening.
- What is the clothing attire for the night parties?
You can go casual nice or dress to impress
- Do I have to wear white at the white party?
You don’t have to but we highly suggest you do.
- Do I have to wear a bathing suit at the pool party?
You can wear whatever you want. There’s no fashion no-no as long as you don’t go topless.
- Should I come Thursday through Saturday or Friday through Sunday?
We always recommend you stay all four days and really, even Wednesday. If you leave out Thursday, you leave out our opening party and comedy night and if you leave Sunday, you miss our pool party and closing party. It’s a tough call, so stay all four nights. You’ll be glad you did.
- Is there a pool party on Thursday?
There’s no official pool party on Thursday but the crowd is already there!
- Do you do single activities?
Wednesday we do; but the rest of the week we do not. However, we are open to suggestions!
- Who is performing and when?
We typically do not announce our entertainment until January. All of our performances are mentioned on our official program available onsite at each Will Call station. You can also check the website as well as our Facebook for daily updates and reminders about our schedule.
- Do I have to participate in every event hosted at The Dinah?
No one will ever force you to do anything you don’t want to do.
At The Dinah you’re free to do whatever you want. However, we highly recommend you do not miss a thing!
- Can I bring a professional Camera to take photos and/or film?
Only if you have an official press pass.
Travel Accommodation Questions
A. Hotel Questions
- Where do I stay?
We recommend only staying at official hotels listed on our website. It’s the only way we can guarantee you’ll have an excellent experience staying at a hotel that appreciates our group and business. That said, if you want to be in the heart of the action, stay at a main hotel that is hosting pool parties. If you want a somewhat quieter experience, stay at one of our overflow hotels. All of our hotels sell out, so please book early. There are penalties, though, for cancelling once you book so please only book if you are sure you are going.
- How early can I book my trip & reserve my hotel room?
Usually booking starts in July but sometimes earlier. Check our website for updates.
- Do you provide room shares? How would I connect with other Dinah attendees ahead of time to work out a roommate arrangement?
We do not, but you can post a message on our Facebook page if you are looking and we will allow the post to remain up.
- Are there group discounts?
Yes The Dinah offers group discounts. You would need to contact us directly. We define a group as ten or more people.
- If I have a special Hilton honors rate, does it apply?
Special Hilton honors rate do not apply during The Dinah
- Do you give travel agent commission?
Yes we do. Please contact us directly.
- I booked my trip through the Dinah website, will I get an email confirmation?
Yes you will immediately receive an email. If you didn’t, it’s likely your order did not go through so please contact us.
- Do I need to present it when I check in?
Yes, you will need to present it at will call to retrieve your tickets.
- If all the hotels are sold out, what do I do?
We are constantly monitoring the hotel situation and add new hotels when
needed so please check our website often. You can also call each hotel we have listed as availability changes day to day.
B. Flights and Transportation Questions
- How do I get to The Dinah?
Palm Springs airport is always the most convenient to fly into, but it is also the most pricey. The next nearest airport is Ontario, which is about 70 minutes away from downtown Palm Springs. Then you have Long Beach and John Wayne airports, all about 90 minutes away. Palm Springs is located about an hour and a half to two hours away from LA, which has the best airfares. You can fly into LAX in Los Angeles, and then rent a car to drive to the Dinah; Buses are also available.
Rental cars and buses are also available from that location. It’s best to use our rental car sponsor, Enterprise. They will match or beat any rate. Of course there’s always the option of car-pooling if you have friends heading out to the Dinah too.
- Do you pick up at the airport?
We do not.
- Are there shuttles services?
Shuttle services may be available through your hotel. You’d need to check with them directly.
- Do you supply airline tickets?
We work with Orbitz exclusively to insure you get the best rate on your Dinah airfare. Please see our website for our exclusive Dinah Orbitz link.
- Where do I park if I am not staying at the host hotel?
There’s plenty of street parking around The Hilton and the Saguaro Hotels where our pool parties take place.
Make sure to always read the street signs to avoid a ticket or getting towed.
C. About Palm Springs
- What else can I do in Palm Springs while attending the Dinah?
Palm Springs offers a variety of amazing activities to do. We recommend you check www.VisitGayPalmSprings.com for a list of places to visit and things to do onsite.
- Are there restaurants nearby?
Our host Hotel, The Hilton Hotel, is located in the heart of downtown Palm Springs where you’ll find a variety of restaurants, all within walking distance. However, the food at The Hilton and the Saguaro is also pretty darn good!
- When should I buy tickets?
We recommend you do so as soon as you can. The price is lowest when you purchase early, then gradually goes up, as we get closer to The Dinah dates. You'll pay full price if you wait until the event to purchase your tickets. Tickets are non-refundable, though so please only order when you are sure you are attending.
- Do you take credit cards?
Yes we do for advance purchases. To date, we do not accept cards at the event but this could change, so check back with us closer to the event for potential changes.
- What kind of package deal can I purchase? What does it give me have access to?
You can purchase our VIP package. Please see details on the website.
- Upon arrival where do I pick up my pass and check in?
You can retrieve your Dinah pass/wristband at Will Call. Locations and hours will be listed on your receipt. Please make sure you present a valid photo ID and the credit card you paid with.
- Are food & drinks included in these packages?
Food and drinks are not included in any Dinah packages. However, drink tickets are available onsite for purchase. As for the food, you can take advantage of the many restaurants located within walking distance of the Dinah host hotel, or buy your own groceries at the nearby supermarkets.
- Does my ticket include a gift bag? Who gets one and are they all the same?
If you are staying at a main hotel, you will receive a voucher for one gift bag, per room.
- My friend decided to come at the last minute; can she purchase tickets at the door?
Yes she can buy tickets at the door. There is a cashier available at every event hosted during the entire duration of The Dinah.
- I have purchased my Dinah package but now I have a family/work emergency and am unable to attend, can I transfer my pass/wristband to a friend?
Passes/wristbands are non-transferable.
- Are tickets refundable?
Tickets are not refundable so please purchase wisely.
- Will I be able to leave and return to the event?
Some events have no re-admittance so to be safe, plan on no ins and outs.
- If I accidentally damage my wristband, can I get a new one?
Only if you bring the damaged band to us. No wristbands are replaced if lost or stolen.
During the Dinah Questions
- Do I need to show my ID to get into each event (pool parties/Night parties)?
Yes, a valid photo ID has to be presented at each event
- Is there a Lost & Found?
Yes there is. If the event took place at a hotel, lost items can be retrieved at the front desk of the hotel reception. If you lost something at Zeldaz or The Palm Springs Convention Center, please call them directly.
- Is smoking allowed?
Smoking is only permitted in designated areas. Check for signs.
- Where can I find an ATM machine to withdraw some cash?
We list all ATM’s locations in our program book. They change every year, depending upon what hotel we are using so please make sure you get a program.
- Can I pass out flyers inside/outside the event?
Any promotional material has to be approved prior to the event. This is strictly enforced so please make sure you contact us ahead of time for clearance.
- Can I get food and drinks inside the event?
Drinks are available at every event throughout the Dinah. You can also order food at our pool events.
- Can I bring my own drinks?
Sorry, but current ABC laws as well as our agreements with our event hosts prohibit bringing in any alcohol other than what is purchased at each individual event.
- Are there accessible power plugs to recharge computers and cell phones?
Yes, power plugs are available in the lobby of the Hilton hotel.
- Are the cabanas at the pool accessible on a first come first serve basis or do you have to reserve them?
Cabanas have to be reserved ahead of time. You can purchase them online on The Dinah’s website provided they are available for sale. Each year is different.
- I want to buy a Club Skirts clothing item; is there a store onsite?
There’s a Club Skirts booth in the vendor section at every pool party where you can find all kinds of Club Skirts merchandise and indulge in a shopping spree!
How to stay connected / Get Daily Updates
- While at The Dinah, how do I find out about the activities for the day?
We provide a detailed program book that outlines all the events, locations, times and prices.
- Where can I find the photos taken by the Dinah photographers after the event?
All pictures will be posted on our website, blog and Facebook page.
- Are The Dinah and its host hotels ADA compliant?
Most are, but please check directly with each of our venues as availability is on an individual basis.
- Will there be ADA parking available?
Yes, there is ADA parking availability at every venue of The Dinah.
However, we cannot guarantee its availability since all parking is limited.
- Will there be wheelchair accessible bathrooms?
Most public restrooms at our host hotel, sanctioned hotels, and event venues provide wheelchair accessibility. Please check directly with each venue for confirmation.
- Does the comedy show provide a sign language interpreter?
Yes it does.
Be Part of The Dinah Team
- How do I submit my resume to join the Dinah Staff?
Email your resume to Leilani Reynolds: email@example.com
- How do I become a volunteer?
Send in your request via email to Leilani Reynold: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I become a vendor?
You can email us at email@example.com with your query, or simply go to our official website and download the Vendor Application form.
CLUB SKIRTS DINAH SHORE WEEKEND 2014
IS APRIL 2-6 IN PALM SPRINGS, CA
Tickets & Hotel Reservations Now Available at:
Follow Club Skirts Dinah Shore Weekend for breaking news, special offers and behind the scenes photos and stories.